Monday, May 3, 2010

Dammit

Lala.com is shutting down.
The streaming music service was bought by Apple and is being discontinued. (If Apple is trying to be less loved and more tyrannical in its Web music machinations, job well done, uh, Jobs.)
Lala was great for several reasons: A) It let you listen to any song, album, etc once all the way though. No 30 second sample bullshit. B) You could pay just a few cents and be able to listen to that song(s) infinitely as a "Web song", or you could purchase the actual MP3. Also, you could tell Lala to scan yr hard drive and look for music files, which it would then let you listen to on its Web site, displayed in a similar fashion to itunes. In essence I had my entire itunes library any where I could log onto the internet.


Apple is giving itunes store credit for any "web songs" purchased. I had like 40 free Web song credits given to me by Lala for signing up that I didn't use and now can't be used. I was hoping I could cash them all in today and then receive them back in itunes store credits. I am now looking for more ways to abuse the system.

Bam!
Found it: Mp3s on Lala are only 89 cents. Anything bought on Lala will be converted to itunes on May 31 when the service is shut down. Most MP3s on itunes are 99 cents. So, if you want, go get 10 percent off.

Lala is not allowing new users, so if you didn't sign up before, too bad.

P.S. Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber (Page hits!)

No comments: